Once Burned book trailer!

As the subject line not-so-subtly implies, I’m happy to release the book trailer for Once Burned, book one in the new Night Prince series. For this trailer, I again hired the fabulous people from Book Candy Studios and I think they did a wonderful job. Why do I have book trailers made for my novels? Well, mostly because I get a kick out of them :). Also, they’re another way to communicate a story’s content to readers, kind of like a back cover description set to visuals, video, and music.  So without further ado, here is the trailer and I hope you enjoy!

Click “play” below. To watch it in full screen size, click “Full screen mode” in the lower right-hand corner.

And if for some reason you don’t see the video box above, here is the link to the trailer on YouTube:  http://youtu.be/eVvTETybS18

Comments

1. Mel Thomas says

Awesome! I honestly don’t think I have ever been this excited about a book in my life. I’ve declared June 26th Vlad Day and am telling my boss to suck it. I’m playing hookie and spending the day with Vlad. Can’t wait!!!

2. MJ says

I am sooooo excited for Vlad’s book! I’m gonna curl up in my Showhound tee and read it all the way through!

3. Azarang says

The book trailer is great! Loved the music! Can’t wait till 26th of June.. I’m counting down the days :)))

4. Kim620 says

I am so freaking excited for this book. I’ve wanted a Vlad book since we first me him. The trailer is awesome.

5. Hai-Yen says

Oh I loved the trailer! Cannot wait to read it! Bring it on, Vlad. We’re more than ready to feel the heat.

6. Ali says

Okay, that’s just cruel…awesome…now if only we could jump ahead in time to the release date…..can’t wait!!!!!

7. Shelley says

Fantastic. Amazing. I could go through the whole thesaurus on super coolness words to add, but you get the picture. I can’t freakin’ wait! Love Vlad:) I’m also gonna check these guys out for my book trailer as well… Great video!

8. Smileygirl3090 says

I am so amazingly excited about this, I’d calmed down a bit since the snippets but that trailer was so amazing that now I can’t wait again, less than a month! I really hope I can get it in the UK at the same time as you get it in America.

9. Eileen says

Awesome trailer!! Now the wait seems longer til I get my hands on Vlad’s book. Patience is a virtue? Great job Jeaniene.

10. Laurie says

Way cool! A whole month to wait is going to be torture. Wish I could buy it today. I love your books Jeaniene and your fun website.

11. marsipo says

i think i’m in love!!!!
    when will u tease us with the 1/5 of the book, dear jeaniene??cause i can’t really wait!!! thank u!!

12. Marie says

Awesome trailer! Can’t wait to read about Vlad. He’s one of my favorits. Have been for a long time.

Not that happy about release date, cause that is in the middle of exams, – and there are way to much time ontill june 26th!

greetings from a fan in Denmark

13. Lori says

I am very excited for this book! I have relistened to the entire series to Psyche myself up even more. Please say that Tavia Gilbert is narrating this series! I love the way she brings the characters alive!

14. Keira says

This is amazing! I love it! Book trailers are always interesting to watch and always end up giving me chills!

But I do have a question. As the author, how much input do you have in the making of the trailer? Like do you get to pick the phrases at the beginning? Thanks!

• Jeaniene says

Keira, it depends on the company you hire. Some give you a lot of input. Some don’t unless you want to pay extra. For this trailer as well as the *updated* 2012 one of Eternal Kiss of Darkness trailer and the Halfway to the Grave trailer, I used Book Candy Studios. They gave me a lot of input and made a number of changes according to my wishes, all without any extra charges. Here is their website: http://www.bookcandystudios.com/

Hope that helps. Thanks, and glad you liked the trailer!