Once Burned cover!

At last, I’ve been given permission to reveal the cover for Once Burned, Night Prince book one. Without further ado, here it is! And in case you didn’t see the other posts, here’s the description, too.

ETA: The cover model is Paul Marron. In the comment section before, I incorrectly gave a different name.

She’s a mortal with dark powers…

After a tragic accident scarred her body and destroyed her dreams, Leila never imagined that the worst was still to come: terrifying powers that let her channel electricity and learn a person’s
darkest secrets through a single touch. Leila is doomed to a life of solitude…until creatures of the night kidnap her, forcing her to reach out with a telepathic distress call to the world’s most infamous vampire…

He’s the Prince of Night…

Vlad Tepesh inspired the greatest vampire legend of all—but whatever you do, don’t call him Dracula. Vlad’s ability to control fire makes him one of the most feared vampires in existence, but his enemies have found a new weapon against him – a beautiful mortal with powers to match his own. When Vlad and Leila meet, however, passion ignites between them, threatening to consume them both. It will take everything that they are to stop an enemy intent on bringing them down in flames.

And here is the stepback (inside flap of the cover)

If you want downloadable wallpaper of the cover and stepback, go here.

And now, with further ado *wink* let me answer some questions I always get asked about covers. Starting with Vlad, does the model match how I picture him? Not exactly. In my head, Vlad looks like a mixture of this hot nameless model and a younger Michael Fassbender:

I’ll note that in the first image, the model’s beard length and chest hair (keep looking, ladies, eventually your gazes will reach upward ;-)) is exactly how I picture Vlad’s to be. I know when I wrote “beard” in the books, some of you pictured this:

That’s not what I was going for, heh. So if you have trouble imagining the “eight o’clock shadow” that Vlad has, feel free to refer back to the pics of young Michael and the unknown male model wearing only a rope (Hardship, I know!). As mentioned in prior books, Vlad also has scars on his hands. In Once Burned, you’ll find out that his chest and arms have scars, too. Because of this, I begged for scars on the cover, and the art department was good enough to add some. In actuality, he would have more than this.

Now, moving onto Leila. Is the cover model how I picture her? Close. Leila does has long, straight black hair and a slender, athletic build. She also has a scar that runs from her temple down to her right hand. It isn’t present on the stepback, though, and I couldn’t find a picture online that gave a good example of what it looks like so you’ll have to use your imagination. Since I included my own pics for Vlad, here are some for Leila. In my head, I see her as a blend of actresses Megan Fox and Katie McGrath:

As always, readers may picture characters differently than I do, so if you’ve had other images in your mind when you think of Vlad and Leila, go with those :). One of the best things about reading is how personal it is. As a reminder, Once Burned releases on June 26th. Look for me to post the book trailer and sample chapters at the end of May.

Comments

1. Robert says

Hmmm, Q. Is this connected in anyway to ‘Night Huntress’, AKA Cat and Bones. As we all know, those books also feature Vlad Tepesh.

• Jeaniene says

It’s connected because it’s set in the same world, Cat and Bones pop up as side characters, and it’s giving the Vlad that you’ve read in the Night Huntress series his own novel where he’s the protagnoist instead of just a side character.

2. Sophia Rose says

You’re concept of Vlad is much more charismatic than what mine was so I’m adjusting now. (-;

Looking forward to the book!

• says

THIS! Exactly this! In my head, I think I’d still kind of pictured him as… I don’t know, not really interested, but AMAZING sense of humour. MICHAEL FASSBANDER!

I love it when people make comments far more intelligible than mine and articulate EXACTLY WHAT I WANT TO SAY! Thank you Sophia :D

So. SO excited for Once Burned! <3

3. anna says

I cannot argue with your visions…. wow! I had in my mind a Khal Drogo, without the beard he had in Game of Thrones. June 26th cannot get here soon enough! I tried to post a picture, but it will not allow me to do so.

4. says

Hi Jeaniene! Thank you so much for sharing the cover with us…I CANNOT wait to read Vlad and Leila’s first tale. ^_^

Also, that model that you listed as part of the inspo for Vlad is named Teo Theodoridis. What a beautiful, beautiful man (a bit stupid, though, for going and getting himself arrested and sent to prison. True story.). He’s literally a Greek Adonis!

Oh, Vlad. You sexy, wily vamp, you. ^_^

5. Suz says

I love the cover model for the book, he’s actually very close to what I saw of Vlad in my head. The “unknown model” is Theo Theodoridis, a Greek model who is gorgeous in pretty much every photo I’ve ever seen of him but his personal story is a tragic one. He is one of the most beautiful men I’ve ever seen, though.

6. Tanyaw1224 says

wow…that is Paul Marron. He looks so different from Kresley Cole’s Lothaire cover. It’s hard to believe that’s the same man I met at her signing…sigh…I should have given him more hugs…lol

7. Angelat says

I love this cover!! Vlad is m favorite male character besides Bones!! I cant wait to read this book! I just hate having to wait till June! Great Cover!! Even if I hadnt read the other books I would have picked this one up and read the summary because of the Cover! Yay!

8. Scottisheart says

Michael Fassbender is EXACTLY how I see Vlad!!! ‘Fass’ is THE perfect male specimen!!! Thanks, Jeaniene…can’t wait to read the book!!!

9. Marnie says

Having read all of Frost’s books, including audio, this is not how I visualize Vlad, as described by the author. It looks more like Spade. I see Vlad as being about 40, dark, sinister and dangerous. His attraction comes, not from a classically handsome face, but from an abundance of charisma, a wicked sarcastic sense of humor, and high intelligence He does not resemble a hunky male model with good lighting and 8-pack abs, although I guess this cover will sell more books.

10. bonnie says

The girl megan…but i think the guy who plays damon on vamp diairies vlad…its his smile and eyes.

11. Pauline says

I have the Night Huntress Series in MP3 and First Drop of Crimson..Just finished Eternal Kiss of Darkness only found it in CD format..pre-ordered Once Burned…could not find in MP3 or CD format!! Will that and Hardcover be released soon?? Thank You

12. Tori says

I’m in love with Paul Marron now…. I can’t even stop looking at the cover of this book…. ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!!!!