New book news!

I’m typing this as I wait at the train station in New York after having a wonderful time at ComiCon (look for another post with pictures and details about that later, but I simply couldn’t wait to share this news). Remember how I’ve not-so-subtly hinted on this blog and in other places that I really, really would like to write books on Vlad? And how I had more plot in my head than novels contracted for Cat and Bones’s storyline, so I wasn’t sure if I’d end the Night Huntress series at book seven like I’d originally intended?

Pretend you remember me saying those things, even if you don’t.

Well, I am thrilled to announce that I will be writing two more novels for the Night Huntress series, ending Cat and Bones’s storyline now at book nine instead of seven. AND, if that wasn’t enough to make my day, I am also contracted to write the first two books in a new series featuring – you guessed it – Vlad as the hero and a new character named Leila as the heroine.

I am SO excited about the opportunity to extend Cat and Bones’s storyline into nine books so I can implement the plans I have for them, instead of cutting things out to squeeze everything into seven books. Plus, anyone who’s spoken to me for longer than five minutes knows I’ve been itching to showcase Vlad in his own books, and I’ve got just the heroine to give Mr. Hot Hands a run for his money that he’ll never be expecting. Right now the tentative plan is for the first Vlad and Leila novel to release in 2012. 2011 will see the releases of the fifth Cat and Bones novel titled This Side of the Grave, Cat and Bones 6 (untitled as of now), and the holiday-themed anthology I’ll be in with Lynsay Sands that will also feature and Cat and Bones story (untitled as of now). My publisher and I are not sure if Vlad’s new stories will be called Night Huntress World, or something else since it’s the start of a new recurring-character series. More data on that once I have it.

Of course none of the above could be possible if not for the amazing support readers have given to the Night Huntress series and the Night Huntress World novels. I feel beyond blessed to have the chance to write more stories with the characters that I love. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!!!

*throws confetti and passes out cyber-champagne!*

Comments

1. says

OMG thats so awesome!!!

As for Vlads book, Im stoked! But I must say, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE add 2 letters to Leila’s name. PLEASE! Instead of Leila… Make is Leilani!

That would be so awesome!
    Leilani

• Brandy Autrey says

That is amazing :)… We fans can’t get enough! Great to know that more side characters are having their moment in the spot light ;). Your books, among a few other fave authors, are getting my by and through my slow college days lol.

2. Madeleine says

Ohh I’m so excited!!! I’m looking forward to the next Cat and Bones novels so much and I think everybody just looves Vlad. Well I do ;-) So, happy news today!!

3. Stacy says

all i can say is THANK YOU!!!
    I have recently started reading the night huntress series,and when i found out there was only going to be 7 books i was a little bummed lol.but now to hear that your extending the cat and bones books 2 more books and a Vlad series,that probably just made my entire month .

4. AlysL says

Awesome news! I love Cat and Bones and have introduced them to many of my friends! They are all big fans now too! More Cat and Bones is what EVERYONE wants! And Vlad….well I can’t wait! thanks for writing such great stories!

5. lori buie says

i like your book `At Graves End`.the relations between bones & Cat is real.& the one with her crine fighting group is real,also!!!!!!!!!!!!do you use female-make celebrities as `models`?

6. Tracey s says

I am soooo happy there are going to be even more cat and bones, I can’t wait for the next book to come out. I’m missing them like they are old friends. and then we are going to get a real treat and get to read about “vlad” now what yummy vampire will i dream about tonight…..

7. Iris says

AAAAHHHHHH!!!!!! I’m sooooooooooooooo excited. I love the night huntress books. I’ve read each of them at least twice because i can’t get enough of them. Super excited to read the vlad books. Can’t wait!!! :-D

8. Steph L says

OMG! i am so excited! I can’t wait untill hey come out.
    I’ve been searching the net for any books that are written somewhat like yours and honestly, there aren’t any! I’ve read The Night Huntres series like 20 times and i’ve recommended them to anyone who’ll listen!!!!!
    :) Thanks for writing such awesome books and i am already dying to read what Cat and Bones venture off to next… :)

9. lori buie says

i loved `At Grave`s End`.i`m new to the “Night-Hunter Series“.
    that book explained things !!!!!!!!!!!.how did `bones &cat`meet .he`s not her `sire`.(creator)?.are you `replacing `the vampires who died in `At Graves End`. cat`s dad Max tried to kill her.plus patra from `bones` sire`s past decimated their crew .

10. says

Wow, that may be some of the best news i’ve had this month. Since with the military bouncing me and my husband back and forth for whether or not we are going to be re-stationed being the stress of the month. :) I’d like to say that I’m so happy that it’s got me tearing up, but really that’s just the clump of mascara that got in there.

I think Vlad is such an awesome character, glad to see him get who own whole series, rather than one novel.

11. Shany says

Congratulations xD

VLAD!!!!!!!!! I am so friggin’ psyched for that series!!! Love him almost as much as Cat and Bones =D

I think my life’s complete now

12. Amy says

YAYYY!!! I loved these books, i have read many other vampire series and thought i wouldnt find another that i loved as much as vampire academy… Guess i was wrong! This is by far the best book/series i have read, i love that Cat and Bones are togther through the whole series instead of him dying or having obstacles that make them unable to be together. Buffy/Angle/Vampire academy and so on thats what makes this series all the more better!!! Simply the best. Looking forward to reading the next book, cant wait!!!
    Amy.

13. Ann kristin says

Can’t wait. I had a feeling that it would be more books of cat and bones. to bat it will take so long to write them. I got one thing more to say. Way to go Jeaniene.

14. mlkr says

I am SO excited. This is the best news I had in a long time. Love the Cat and Bones series! (LOVE BONES.) I recommend your books to anyone who will listen. And can I tell you that I am thrilled to discover that you have a T-shirt shop!!! My favorite quote in the whole wide world is captured on several items, so Christmas is coming early for me this year. Looking forward to Vlad having his own series. He’s such a larger-than-life character that he deserves his own line.

Congratulations….you are so gifted.

15. Ngaio says

Oh my god! that is awesome about there being more night huntress series books!

I can’t wait for ‘This Side of the Grave’ i have missed cat and bones and have read the other books second and third times.

I think a series about vlad would be so cool!

I want to see how cats old team (tate, juan etc) react to her being a vampire.
    I thimk ot would be cool if their was a side story about tate or one of the others on her old team for the night huntress world books.
    Go Jeaniene! :)

16. MS Eva says

I would have LOVED to Vlad get with Justina (Cat’s mother) that would have made him Bones’ father-in-law! Would have been great seeing that neither Cat’s mother or Vlad get along with Bones, but both adore Cat! Anyway looking forward to the story line.

Also, why isn’t there a storyline about IAN!I love him too!

17. Bina says

I am from Germany and love the books about cat and bone. Unfortunately, I cannot understand so much in English, but would like to know with pleasure whether the new books about cat and bone act…

18. tonja says

i frist came acrossed eternal of darkness, love it and had to read the others, now i cant waite for more. hoping you will write more with spade and denise too

19. Patrice says

OMG this is GREAT news! I know I’m late to read it but I don’t check all my favorites daily or I’d get nothing else done. lol I am so happy to hear there will be more stories with Cat and Bones! I agree Ian needs his story told and a smart lady to corral him. lol Vlad…hmmm Vlad. He’s a great one for a series. I do hope that we will see him again in Night Huntress or as part of the Night Huntress world, at least in cameo appearances. I can think of a few interwoven “series” that keep a big cast of characters coming back in cameos or bigger featured parts. (Dark Hunter/Dream Hunter/Were Hunters, Mercy Thompson/Alpha & Omega for a few)

Glad you are feeling better after the bronchitis. I am fighting to keep a sore throat and swollen glands from turning into bronchitis. (fingers crossed and eating vitamin C)

Thanks for hours of reading pleasure and much continued success!

20. Alicia J says

OH MY GOSH!!!! 9 BOOKS! thats awesome! i can’t wait for this side of the grave to come out! counting down the days untill feb 22. Also i am looking forward to reading more about Vlad, and getting to know leila. :D

21. nicoles says

YEA!!!!!!!!!!!
    I’m so so happy to hear this. i love Cat and Bones. But Vlad is my fav. i was so hoping he get his own book with a happy ending and now, to hear he’ll have more than one … thats just WOW!!!
    this new made my day… love these books:)

22. Bru says

I’ve only just starting reading the series and I just had to get them all and read them all with in days of receiving them. I’m stoked that your writing 2 more books. Just one thing will you be writing Ian’s story I think he needs to find a mate that will give him a run for his money

23. Cortney says

I just found out about the Night Huntress series, i literally read the first four books in a week, just read the third in a day and the fourth the next day. Love these books, love Cat and Bones, haven’t read any of the spin off books, but might need to while I wait for the next book to come out! I usually don’t start a series till they are all out because I’m very impatient waiting. But I can’t wait ill Feb. wish it didn’t take so long for the next,I’m dying to read more!!! Love the action and romance wrapped into one!

24. says

OOHHH my god it suck that i get this info sooo late but i did get it and i sooooo happy to know that you are making more book on cat and bones there my favorite couple and i love your book is like my favorite series ever i never get tired of them. and i can wait to see Vlad side of story i think he is just something different an done of my favorite as well can wait to see what you come out with next.

25. cristina_spain says

I love this saga! I finished the fourth book and I really like it. Night huntress is the best saga I’ve ever read! Thank you for this amazing books! I hope to see on the screen! I think it’s better than other series based on books like True blood or Vampire Diaries. I like them too but not like night huntress!!
    A lot of kisses from Spain! (sorry by my english!)

26. Kristina says

sorry for my english, i’m from Germany ;D
    I love Cat and Bones so much ! I have never read books like this. I mean I read vampire books but they were nothing compared with Nighthuntress ! I cant wait for the books !:D I read every book about 17 times so I#m a little freak and need new stuff xD

27. Foxx03 says

i am soooo happy about Vlad getting his own series. but what about Tate, i want him to have a happy ending… and still be friends with Cat. and i want some woman to make Juan less of a …..

28. Sara says

So I’ve been with you throughout the whole series and have read my copies to the point that their poor spines are wearing out. It’s extremely cool to find out that Vlad gets his own series because my GOD i love him! anyways thanx for the best news of my life.
    p.s. I want an Ian book! More than you know!

29. Kat says

Your one of the best writers I’ve come across! I love the character Bones and so far ever book i’ve read by you makes me want to read more! I hope you write a story about IAN OMG I think im in love! :) Great cliff hangers and moments that I wanted to yell at the characters.
    P.s- Ian is totally b.a. :D

30. Jacqueline says

i am so excited for the new Cat and Bones books, however, I think I’m even more excited for the beginning of a new series especially one with Vlad as the hero!!!
    Why don’t you entitle the series The Night HUNTER Series? It’s along the same lines but different enough and appropriate since the main character of this series is a male :) Just an idea.

31. says

I love all of your books! I have read and listened to all of them. Your personal connection to the characters is amazing. Better than True Blood or Twilight! I cannot wait until the release of “This Side of the Grave.” I notice that you may write more about Vlad? If so wonderful! Vlad is one of my favorite characters. Thank you for all your work!

32. britney says

OMG was the first thing that came to mind when I read this! I am very excited. I am so happy you are extending the series from 7 books to 9!! You are an amazing writter and I love all of your books. Vlad is one of my favorite characters and I can’t wait to see where you take his series. I love your style of writting and your way of thinking. Keep it up. Your fans love you and will remain loyal to your work!

33. Sonya says

I must say I’m super excited for Vlads story BUT this means I can’t have him because Leila will. I wanna hear about Tate. That should be the next story… I’m curious as to what will happen with him.
    And Ian… OMG IAN! I kinda want a story for him but at the same time no. Less you name the heroine Sonya. Hehe ;)
    I’m dead serious about the name though. I will do anything for that!!

34. Victoria says

I am so excited jeaniene :) and u should name some character (who is important) Victoria or Brittany cause Brittany was the name I was born wit but then changed it To Victoria
    THAT WUD MAKE ME ECSTATIC
    U should mKe Tate a book cause I feel sorry 4 him maybe 1 for Dave and Juan 2

35. MarciaK says

Yea baby, I’m most definately raising my glass to this one, and doing a happy dance (Who cares what the people in the office think)

Totally LUV Cat and Bones and Vlad and Spade and well come to think about it every single word in every single book in this series and the world books. Thanks, I can’t wait to read more.

36. Nona says

Just finished This Side of the Grave and it was sooooo good!!! I was about to lose it waiting on some more Cat and Bones and who can resist Vlad!!!! I also am loving Mencheres and Kira now and with .. oh wait… can’t go there .. might be a spoiler for someone that hasn’t finsihed it yet.. but so glad he is what and where he is…. Cat wouldn’t want it but one other way!! Now the breath holding for One Grave at a Time begins…. Loving it!!! Keep writing strong Jeaniene!!!!

Nona

37. says

So glad you have more books in the night huntress series, both my husband and myself enjoyed them while we were driving around the country looking for a new home, The night huntress world novels explained a lot of the gaps left between books 4 and 5 of the night huntress series, but now I find myself wanting both Vlad and Ian needing a partner. Bones has Cat, Spade has Denise and Mankaries has his dark lady, what do you think. Thank you for a great read.

38. Michaela says

Im Really exicted to find out that you will be making More then seven books to the night huntress seires! I love your books and as for the story about vlad well i must say that he is one of my favorite side vampires in the ornigle seires! I just wanted to tell you that you are a great wright and that i love reading your books. I look forward to the new books!

Michaela

39. Sophia Alec says

I wish you had time to write a book about Ian :) I have such an obsession for HIM and i really thought he would get a book before Vlad:( talk about setting myself up for disappointment. But hopefully i’ll seem him in my near future.

40. zaara says

hey! i love your books! theyre better than anything ive come across in a long time.
    anyway, i was wondering something. if mencheres is so old -over 4 millinia-and so powerful why isnt he a law guardian?

41. Shanarieva says

First off, I adore your books. When I read your post my brain immediately said, “Wait Leila, isn’t that the woman from One Grave at a Time.” I’m kind of sad to have double checked and found out I’m wrong. Oh well, I’m still completely excited to see what you’ve got in store for Vlad.

Like most of your fan I’m also waiting to see what you do with Ian. I’m betting/hoping on Veritas. Ian so needs someone strong/old enough to kick his ass as needed.

42. Sarah says

I love you books and I hope you write much more!!!!
    Please write a book about Ian too because than everyone from the book is happy!!!