Twice Tempted cover, stepback, and description

The subject line says it all: Below is the the cover, stepback (picture on the inside cover flap) and description for Twice Tempted, Night Prince book two, out March 26th, 2013. In keeping with the theme from Once Burned, it features only Vlad on the cover but has both Vlad and Leila on the stepback. Oh, and apparently it’s illegal for model Paul Marron to appear in public while wearing a shirt, heh.

Dating the prince of darkness has its challenges.
Leila’s psychic abilities have been failing her,and now she isn’t sure what the future holds. If that weren’t enough, her lover Vlad has been acting distant. Though Leila is a mere mortal, she’s also a modern woman who refuses to accept the cold shoulder treatment forever–especially from the darkly handsome vampire who still won’t admit that he loves her.

Like choosing between eternal love and a loveless eternity.

Soon circumstances send Leila back to the carnival circuit, where tragedy strikes. And when she finds herself in the crosshairs of a killer who may be closer than she realizes, Leila must decide who to trust–the fiery vampire who arouses her passions like no other, or the tortured knight who longs to be more than a friend? With danger stalking her every step of the way, all it takes is one wrong move to damn her for eternity . . .

As I stated in the post revealing the Once Burned cover, no, this is not really how I picture Vlad and Leila (and Vlad would set fire to anyone taking a picture of him in that pose, lol) but it’s close enough :). Soon, I’ll have downloadable wallpapers of the cover/stepback courtesy of the fabulous Syd Gill. Again, Twice Tempted comes out March 26th. As per usual, a couple weeks before that, the first 20% will be available to read online and I’ll release the book trailer, too. Next up after Twice Tempted is Cat and Bones book seven, officially titled Up From the Grave. Tentative release date for that is winter 2013.

And now, back to writing!

*My apologies for all the dots. WordPress keeps taking out the spaces and I’ve given up trying to fight it.

**ETA: Once I was done writing Twice Tempted, I realized that the Night Prince series will be a trilogy, with Vlad and Leila’s story ending at book three.

Comments

1. Melissa Anderson says

OMG!!!! I can’t wait till this book comes out I have LOVED Vlad since his first showed up in Cat and Bones..

2. Shirleyjo says

WOW! This one’s even better than the first one!

But the step-back makes me think of “Dancing with the Stars!” LOL!

I cannot wait. Vlad is giving Bones a run for his money in my Favorite Frost Character book! :)

• Candace says

Shirl, I am SO quoting you on that.

And to answer Leila’s dilemma – choose the knight. Vlad won’t be lonely long. Heh.

3. Tina says

Live this cover!! Hotter than Once Burned!! Can’t wait to read it . Love Vlad and Leila together. Hope he doesn’t lose her. Bring on more Bones and Cat!!

4. says

Oh, I love that cover. Vlad does manage to look even more amazing than the last book. I don’t suppose there will be any ARC contests this time around? Also, will there be a Night Prince three?

• Jeaniene says

Laura, there will be three books. Once I was done writing Twice Tempted I realized I needed another book to fit Vlad and Leila’s entire story arc into it :).

• says

I am so glad to hear about the third book. Two really wasn’t enough Vlad time. Happy to hear there will be ARC contests as well. Whether I get one or not, though, I’ll still be posting a review on my blog for this one as well just for the excuse to have that book cover with it on there. If my husband asks why I’m staring at the page for so long, I’ll just say I’m checking for typos…

• says

Dear Ms. Frost,

I am in Love with your books, especially the ones with Bones and Cat. I happen to find your books by chance, I read the first and I was lost.
        I have read all of them 2/3 times, and now I am sending them to my sister. I am waiting for another story of Bones and Cat, but anxiously waiting for March. Will the book come out in Hardcover?

Diana

5. Ali L says

HOLY HOTNESS!!!!!Do we really have to wait for March? If you need someone to review an ARC please keep me in mind. Can’t wait for the book trailer, may need a bucket of cold water after seeing it if we can go by the cover!!!

6. says

And I’m the first girl who ever died of too much drooling…
    I get your point though… Tepesh would kill whoever took a picture of him like that.. specially if it features someone he cares about-I haven’t read book #1 since my sister hasn’t finished it yet but SOON SOON”””!!!!.-

7. Mel Thomas says

I lurve Vlad and can’t wait for this book! That cover has one hell of a do not frak with me vibe and I think it really suits his personality. Paul Marron may not be my pick for Vlad but damn is that boy smokin’ hot! Thanks for sharing.

8. Linseypop says

*squeeeee* I sooooo can’t wait for this book! Loved Once Burned!!
    and Jeaniene, Paul Marron may not be how you see Vlad and he was a bit different to how o saw him as well, but now I am enjoying seeing him as Vlad!! He’s one shmexy guy!! And this cover and artwork is just gorgeous!!! Especially the pic of him & Leila! *melt*

9. Laura says

Love your books, your truly gifted and March is so far away, I am on my fourth read of Once Burned. Love the new cover. Noticing the bat, I’m sure Vlad would be rolling his eyes at that reference. The stepback looks equally hot. Though if true to the book, shouldn’t Leila be shorter, Vlad is said to be over 6 foot. Every time now that I see a Ken and Barbie, I think of Bones and Cat, nice reference.

10. MarniKay says

I am so excited – I can’t wait to read more of this couple and see where the road leads….but seriously – Cat & Bones are so needed – and SPADE…. *THUD* ok that is all.

11. Melissa says

Love the cover. Your books are fantastic and I can’t wait until March! Vlad is a fantastic character and I’m so happy there’s more to come.

12. Margaret says

OMG it just feels like March is too far away, I am so excited for this next book and that there is going to be a third. Jeaniene you keep me so enthralled with your books I love all of them. So glad I can enjoy your worlds.

13. Jennifer says

I am having a hard time waitting! Now I have to wait for the third?! Ugh. I LOVE your books and find that I have no restraint. I CAN’T WAIT!! I am so excited. Keep up the wonderful work, we all Love you !:)

14. svenskaflicka says

Can’t wait for the March release date…love the Vlad series. And glad to hear that we’ll be seeing Bones again next year. Will there be more Cat/Bones after next year?

15. Jordan says

Even if Vlad doesn’t look like that, it’s pretty to gaze upon none the less! Can’t wait for this book, and the new Cat and Bones book too. I’m starting a reread of all the Night Huntress books, but with how amazing they all are, I’m sure I’ll reach the end again before March!

16. Denise Roberts says

I have been waiting for Twice Tempted since the day after I met you at Malprops. I finished OnceBurned that night. I can’t seem to put your books down once I start them. Soooo looking forward to Cat and Bones too. Love you and all your books. Thank you for your work.

17. Apollo8 says

March 26th – big release day, tough decision day as the next BDB book by JR Ward comes out that day too. Well, whichever one downloads first to my Kindle is the one that gets read first. I foresee a sick day from work on the 27th though!

18. Patty Wilcox says

If you have the first 20% out on March 7th, it could be a birthday prensent to me. (Just saying.) Really I know I have to wait, but I hate waiting.

19. Raven says

Why are you already talking about Vlad’s story ending? Shoosh!
    That’s not exact how I picture them either. Vlad’s more rugged. That Leila model looks too young and innocent, too.
    Anyway… can’t wait for your captivating words, Jeaniene! <3

20. Kat says

I say this with all the love in my heart for you and all of your characters… WHY DO YOU HATE VLAD-LOVERS LIKE ME?! I hate love triangles.. I can’t tell you how much my heart plummeted when I read the summary of “Twice Tempted”… And I KNEW he was gonna send her back to the States! :’( </3

• Kat says

I… Oh my gosh, you are my favorite author in the world!!! Your books have the ability to make or break me! I’m sorry, I know I’m gushing! I love you! And Vlad! And Leila! And Bones, and Cat, and EVERYONE ELSE!!!!!!!! <3

21. says

I am so looking forward to more Vlad and Leila. Am I the only one sad it will only be a trilogy? Once Burned was my intro into the Frost world and what an introduction. I was mesmerized. I plan to check out Cat and Bones asap. My bestie absolutely loves them.

22. Lisa says

Winter 2013!!!!!! thats far too long! lol.
    Oh well, Vlad and Leila will have to occupy me for at least a week!
    I love your books!

23. Sara says

Gorgeous cover and images! a lot of flame…yeah, typical of Vlad ^^
    I’m soooo happy that it will be a trilogy :)
    Yet yesterday I watched a TV report about Dracula and I can’t think but Vlad! mainly when he says: “I’m the only authenthic Vlad. Everyone else is merely an envious imitaion”, imagining his arrogant way :D

24. Din says

OMGGGGGGG *———————–* JEANIENE, I’M SO IN LOVE WITH VLAD AND LEILA, I CAN’T WAIT TO WINTER 2013, and also can’t wait for more cat and bones *—-*